Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pizza Time

Pizza is, always has been, and always will be one of my most favorite foods in the world. Let's go ahead and say I invented it. You're welcome. Ever since I was a kid, the giant, cheesy, oozy, pepperoni be-speckled slices consumed in copiousness during TMNT cartoons still makes my mouth water just thinking about it. 


But now I'm vegan, so what do I do about my intense pizza cravings? Most of the time, I order it sans cheese. I know it's the right decision, but to be quite frank- it bores me. I went to the Hi-Tone a while back with Sher and Bianca (from Vegan Crunk, if you didn't know) where they offer a Daiya cheese pizza. It was pretty good, but they were running low on cheese, so it was it was bit light. Still tasty, but I'll have to go back and review it again when they're fully in stock. 

Sher and I love to make our own pizza, which I've posted about in the past, but we've been very traditional in our approach. Until the other night. We used a dough recipe from EatingWell.com and a white bean aioli sauce from Veganomicon and created one of the best pizzas I've had in a long time. NO CHEESE! What? 

No comments:

Post a Comment